Friday 30 September 2011

October 2011 Budget

Okay, the time has come. By the way, I can't believe it's already been a month since I started blogging.  I honestly don't know how to even start but I assume that's how a lot of university students feel as well. I'm basically going to ballpark everything this first month and then adjust accordingly next month. The plan is to have a realistic budget by the end of the year.


Yikes, that's a pretty big number. Hopefully I'll be able to be under the budget by the end of the month. It is especially important to save money now because during the school year I make considerably less money since I don't work as much. By putting in actual limits to my spending, I'm hoping that I would feel guilty if I go over the limit which would cause me to restrain myself. Also I'll feel like I accomplished something when I'm within the budget. Having a budget will give me an actual dollar amount I'm saving/overspending. By quantifying it I feel that the goals are more cemented and I'm more likely to try and achieve them as opposed to just "saving as much as I can." Moreover, I won't feel guilty when I spend money and I'm under the budget. I believe that this will help me have a more balanced lifestyle in terms of spending habits. I'll do a recap by the end of the month. Wish me luck.

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment