Friday 2 September 2011

Feed the Piggy


Alright so let's get started. There's a couple ways to accomplish the goal of graduating without debt. Method one is to make more money. Method two is to spend less money. The latter is sometimes known as "saving". I know that term is unfamiliar to some of you but that's okay, I never really understood it either.

Spend less? How am I going to get the latest gadgets? What about the clothes, the eating out and the clubbing? What about the movies and all the other fun stuff that university students do? Listen Luke, I am not your father so I'm not going to tell you what to do. However what I personally realized is that most of that stuff isn't worth blowing my hard earned cash on.

Now that I'm more aware of my finances and how hard it actually is to earn money, I'm more reluctant to spend it. I think harder about each purchase and consider if it's worth my money. I'm not saying don't be antisocial by any means. Just try to keep a balance between how much you spend and how much you make. This may seem obvious but spending more than what you make is the fastest way to Debtville. Having fun and buying goods is okay in moderation but if you overdo it then it can and will be detrimental to your wallet's health. And we love our wallets right?

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment