Saturday 6 October 2012

Dividend Progress Report: September 2012 Edition


Total yield of portfolio - 4.49% (- 0.03%)
Actual dividends received - $1025.61 (+ $79.26)
Expected dividends return if the current positions are held for 1 year -  $1716.87 (+ $34.40)
Average dividends received per month: $113.96 (- $4.33)

After the recent purchase in my portfolio, the expected dividends return if the current positions are held for 1 year advanced into the $1700 territory. In terms of dividends received, September was the second worse month after the horrible June I had. This brings down the average dividends I get per month to almost $114 which still isn't bad for just sitting around and not doing anything; when you're a poor university student every little bit counts and $114 is more than what I would earn for a full day's work. So if I look at it that way, my portfolio essentially worked 1 day for me every month which is nothing to complain about... let's just try to make it work overtime for the rest of the year!

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment