Wednesday 23 November 2011

Corus Entertainment Position


On Monday I grabbed some more shares of Corus Entertainment. Growing up, everybody I knew watched television. At school the next day, we would talk about shows we saw the previous night. Every kid I knew would watch YTV. Even now, 10 years later, my little sister watches it religiously. Not only does Corus own YTV, but it owns Treehouse, a 50% stake in Teletoon and Teletoon Retro, a handful of other channels, 37 radio stations and Nelvana which creates some of the shows on these television channels. I'm trying to increase my position in Corus to get my synthetic DRIP going but I have to invest a lot more because of the monthly distributions instead of the quarterly distributions so this means I need to get more dividends in order to cover the price of one share. However, once it gets started then I'll be receiving one share every month!

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment