Wednesday 31 August 2011

What's This About?


Hey guys, so this is going to be a personal finance blog! Yay like we don't have enough of those floating around the blogsphere. So a little about myself. I'm 21 and living in a large Canadian city. I go to university and I'm taking on a lot of student debt with 3 years until a graduate and head off into the real world.

My parents currently pay for my tuition and I keep the student loans to do whatever I see fit. That's dangerous stuff, but I learned from a young age that saving money is important so I have most of it. Essentially I would like to graduate with no debt or as little as possible and I would like to pay my parents back for all the tuition. That's probably very (very very very!) unrealistic, especially with rising tuition every year but we'll see what I can do.

This blog will help me keep track of how far along I am with my goals and hopefully it will inspire other young adults to be more aware of their finances. I believe that every penny counts so I'll talk about ways to make money and more importantly ways to save money. I'm a firm believer that when it comes to this kind of stuff, the earlier you start the better. I'm relatively young but I wish I started thinking about my finances when I was in high school. That would have given me a huge head start. Plus, I would have experienced the crash of 08-09, which would have been a blast...right? I may also dabble in investing but I feel that I don't know enough. I'm learning as much as I can because I find it to be very interesting and maybe I can do a primer or two for the young investors out there.

My biggest issue is budgeting (which I hear does wonders for you). It's such a daunting task and I feel like it will put restrictions on my life...which it will... so I guess it's justified that I constantly put it off right? Maybe I'll start budgeting after a couple other blog posts.

So that's a little bit about me and what my goals are. Hopefully things will go smoothly and together we'll learn a thing or two along the way.

-the Paperboy

No comments:

Post a Comment